function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sanju21sanju21 

date popup window stopped working on sites

It was working fine before but the date fields stopped showing the nice popup calendar on sites now..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please help???!!!

sanju21sanju21

wow, the date popup has actually stopped working in existing old pages too...SF!!! whats going on????????????????!!!!!!!!!

CraigHCraigH

I have the same issue - did you find out anything more?

sanju21sanju21

No Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

jwolfjwolf

Does your VF page have showHeader=false? I just noticed in one of my applications where the header isn't being shown that the calendar widget is not being displayed.

CraigHCraigH

Hi

Yes, the calendar widget seems to be broken if showHeader is false (whether on a sites page or internal page).  

I have submitted a case to support

Craig

sanju21sanju21

Yes, it does have showheader=false!! So one of my team memebers suggested  to add the following code(to create a datefield and add it to page) to overcome the bug and I did. It still did not work, okay so naturally I tried to remove it... But NO! as soon as I remove it, the site is throwing me the popular authorization required error..!!! SO WEIRD!! When I add the code again, site is working!! So, trying to fix one bug, I jump into another SF bug...GOD bless SF developers!! Please try the below code at your own risk!!

<apex:outputPanel style="display:none;">
        <apex:form >
            <apex:inputField value="{!Contact.testDate__c}" />
        </apex:form>

</apex:outputPanel>

sanju21sanju21

Thank you Craig!!!!!!!!!!!

jwolfjwolf

That seems like that would be a fix for if the date field was not rendered on page load, I don't think it will solve the issue when the showHeader = false.  One approach that works, but is probably not the best solution is to show the header, but hide it with css. Something like

body #AppBodyHeader {
    display: none;
}

SunnykoolSunnykool

Can anyone from SF confirms if its bug or work as designer , since it was flexible earlier

benito camelabenito camela

I have the same problems, only when I set showHeader = "true" works. But I don' want to show the headers and I don't want to hide it with js/css.

This was working correctly but now it doesn't, please SF guys, we need some guide about how to fix this without workarounds.

Thanks

ram4SFDCram4SFDC

Even I had the same problem in one of my current project where in the datepicker was working fine while i started development. But after upgrade to latest release the functionality of date picker was broken. But lucky me found a workaround other than showHeader = "true". 

The workaround is to add isdtp=mn as a query parameter to your page URL. This allows you to hide header and side searchbar with the date picker functionality work as normal.

ram4SFDC wrote:

Even I had the same problem in one of my current project where in the datepicker was working fine while i started development. But after upgrade to latest release the functionality of date picker was broken. But lucky me found a workaround other than showHeader = "true". 

The workaround is to add isdtp=mn as a query parameter to your page URL. This allows you to hide header and side searchbar with the date picker functionality work as normal.

mmm.. what means "isdtp=mn" ?

Even if it works I don't like it :P

SunnykoolSunnykool

I agreee with benito.. ram here the mainjor prob is whAT IS UR PACKAGE IS ALREADY installed by any of ur customer in production.. u cannot make these changes there rite ? hence.. even i dont like it if this works!!

ashok_kumarashok_kumar

I am facing the same issue. It took me efforts to track out the cause. As every thing was working fine and suddenly date popup stop working. Finally i come to know it is some thing broken from salesforce end which is causing all this.

For now i am using following work around to make my date fields work as before. It is working fine for me. Hope fully it will work for you guys. Code as follows:

Inculede following line at top ti include JQuery min js file. In my case i am using static resource to laod all related JQuery stuffs.

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.5.2/jquery.min.js"></script>

<!-- Java script code as follows -->
<script type="text/javascript">
        $(document).ready(function(){
            var dateInputs = $('.dateInput input');
            if(dateInputs.length > 0){
                dateInputs.onfocus = null;
                dateInputs.live('focus', {}, function(e) {
                  onDateInputFocus(this);
                })
            }
        });

function onDateInputFocus(trigger){
            var x = $(document.getElementById(trigger.id)).offset().top;
            var y = $(document.getElementById(trigger.id)).offset().left;
            DatePicker.pickDate(true, trigger.id, false);
            $('.datePicker').css('top',x+20);
            $('.datePicker').css('left',y);
            DatePicker.datePicker.shim.setStyle("display", "block");
        }
    </script>

One need to put this code to each VF page which conatins a date field to make date popup work as before. This can be a quick fix for now until  salesforce come out with some standard fix from there end.    

SunnykoolSunnykool

Hi Ashok,

Please go thorugh all the post once. we are STRICLTY NOT looking for any workarounds because we cannot make these changes in the Managed package our customer has already installed. Lets wait for the SF guys to revert back to us asap

ram4SFDCram4SFDC

benito, sunny

For those who have managed package, have to wait for SFDC to fix the issue. The solution is workaround for a issue which can atleast help those without managed package.

isdtp=mn is an key value pair that is passed by SFDC to hide header and sidebar in VF page, without declaring any value for showHeader attribute in your VF page. 

This forum is not particular to managed package I hope. If it is then I am sorry to have suggested this solution here. But I hope this will help those who are looking for solution for the issue discussed. 

CraigHCraigH

FYI - I got an update to the case I submitted.  Its been escallated to Tier 3 support

Craig

ram4SFDC wrote:

benito, sunny

For those who have managed package, have to wait for SFDC to fix the issue. The solution is workaround for a issue which can atleast help those without managed package.

isdtp=mn is an key value pair that is passed by SFDC to hide header and sidebar in VF page, without declaring any value for showHeader attribute in your VF page. 

This forum is not particular to managed package I hope. If it is then I am sorry to have suggested this solution here. But I hope this will help those who are looking for solution for the issue discussed. 

Ram, don't missunderstand us, all workaround are appreciated :) Thanks !

The problem is in some cases this kind of solutions just work for some people, it's not a complete solution.

I guess the only one who could solve this is SF

CraigH wrote:

FYI - I got an update to the case I submitted.  Its been escallated to Tier 3 support

Craig

Cool craig, can you tell us please where we could check it ? (link)

mikiemikie

I found by accident that if I removed the js function window.onload from my custom pages then the datepicker would work. The showheader=true didn't do anything for me. Still interested to see what SF says, but this seems to work for me.

CraigHCraigH

The case # is 05090354

I logged it under the partner portal so I'm not sure if you can view it

SunnykoolSunnykool

Thanks Craig,

Kindly keep us posted about the updates.

@Ram : I agree with Benito. Kindly do no misunderstand us. We do appreciate work around but just imagine today you would solve this problem . what if tomorrow SF changes things again and your package is already in production. In case, if it was a J2ee application, I am sure you are aware it would take few minutes for us to make the changes and deploy. But here we are in cloud :) so we dont have that kind of flexible control over the deployment of the emergency changes. Hence, I would still like the SF guys to take an action over this asap.

CraigHCraigH

Update from support: *R&D have identified the issue and are currently working on a fix. 

CraigHCraigH

Update from support:

Status 
* R&D have isolated the issue and are submitting a fix for our next maintenance release. 

*There is already another maintenance release been deployed so the fix will not be released this week. 

Tentative release for fix: Next week, no earlier than 4/15/2011 

Awesome. Thanks for keep us updated :)

ram4SFDCram4SFDC

DatePicker is back!!!!

The issue seems to be fixed. Checked in our org and everything's working like a charm.

:smileyhappy: