function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sornasorna 

Adding invitees to a meeting

Hi All,

I am overriding the standard new/edit pages of events with a VF page with all the standard salesforce functionality. So, one of them is adding invitees. Salesforce has their cool related list stuff for invitees in a new event page. But I could not figure out on how to add that functionality in my VF page. Any ideas about this?

Thanks,

Sorna

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

Event invitees are still read-only, if I recall correctly. You have to use the standard Event edit page to actually make this work.

sornasorna

Thanks for your reply. So, it seems that we cannot mimic the "add invitees" functionality. 

But, we need to have a lookup filter on whoID field and lookup filters are not supported for this field. That's the reason we decided to have  a VF page. So, is there any idea on setting the filter to WhoId? if so, I don't need to mimic the standard page in VF. Let me know if you have any thoughts on this.

Thanks once again,

Sorna

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

We can't Lookup Filter the WhoId anyways, in particular because it is a polymorphic key (it accepts both leads and contacts as values). At this time, the only real solution is a validation rule that occurs afterwards to restrict the user's choice. I know that this is less than ideal, but given the limitations we are faced with, that is your only real solution at this time. That, and to make sure you vote for this idea: Unlock EventAttendee in the Salesforce API.