function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ab79ab79 

staticforce.com question

Recently I received an email about static resources being moved to staticforce.com as part of the spring '11 release.  Here is part of the email:

Beginning with the Spring 11 release, the following domains will be used for delivering content to users of salesforce.com:

*.staticforce.com - used for static resources such as javascript and css that are created by salesforce.com
*.content.force.com – used for content uploaded to salesforce.com by users of our service.

Note: The URL used to serve content to customers will vary by instance on which your organization resides( for instance: na1.staticforce.com or c.na1.content.force.com ).

The sandbox I use is on the tapp0 instance, which was upgraded to Spring '11 last weekend.  I'm seeing static resources still being served by tapp0.salesforce.com, whereas I thought they would only be available via tapp0.staticforce.com at this point (according to the email).  My question is, will static resources continue to be available from the salesforce.com domain after the Spring '11 production releases?  I'm just trying to evaluate the impact this might have on some of our customizations.  Thanks for your help.

bzotterbzotter

The staticforce.com domain will start being used after Spring '11 is deployed to all instances.

Please note this domain is used for serving cached salesforce.com static files not "Static Resources" that you can upload and reference in Visualforce. 

Yes, the salesforce.com files will still be available.