function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DAC11DAC11 

Edit opportunity and select products on the same page

Can you tell me if it is possible when editing the opportunity to also have the products list available too? Rather than having to edit the opportunity, press save, then Add a product. Is it possible to add the products at the same time as editing the opportunity.

I have been researching this and there is an example of a recruiting app mixing two objects on the one page. They have a many to many relationship just like opportunities to products but there is no standard controller for opportunity products and I believe the relationship is more complex that the recruiting app example. As the diagram in the link below illustrates;

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/Content/sforce_api_erd_products.htm

Would anyone have any example code for this?

forecast_is_cloudyforecast_is_cloudy

Unfortunately, I don't have any sample code for you, but its definitely possible to develop a custom Visualforce page that allows you to edit an Opportunity and its related Opportunity Products on a single page. You'll need to get familiar with Visualforce and Apex in order to develop this (unless a Good Samaritan has done this before and can post the code).

DAC11DAC11

Hi There, thanks for your resonse and letting me know it's possible, yes, it would be great if someone could post an example of this code.