function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
yesb@gmail.comyesb@gmail.com 

Typical Grid control for multi-row insert & Update

Thanks for clicking this. I am a newbie and coming from .NET world and trying to convert an app to force.com. 

I am looking for a basic tools/control that shows all my records (from multiple custom objects) in a grid and allow me to edit some of their cell values. Assume a 6 columns by 12 row table or list, I want to edit one column (rate) value for all the rows at the same time (SAVE/UPDATE)/operation.  Or one cell after another, without having to select each and every row/record.

I have too many grids of different dimensions in my application and the end-user (approver) needs to edit multiple records in one operation. I need your help to develop this functionality, WITHOUT USING A THIRD PARTY AppXchange tool, due to cost/security reasons. If you have any code library please share it.

Also, In my .NET world, we have a wonderful developer toolset call TELERIK from http://www.telerik.com/products/aspnet-ajax/grid.aspx    Has anybody seen such developer tooset on force.com platform, other then gridBuddy?

Thanks for your help.