function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
uxtx_timuxtx_tim 

setting Google chart values in url - cannot use key value pairs in url

what I'm trying to do is use an <apex:include component to include a page with a google visualization chart on it.  The chart looks at the url for it's chart values e.g.  

salesforce instance + "/apex/GoogleTimeChart?signal=00000484&start=2011-1-28%200:0:0&end=2011-1-28%2023:59:59";  

im generating the parameters dynamically as a string - but when I assign the string value to an <apex:param I get an error saying - the page ... can only contain alphanumeric characters, must begin with a letter, and must be unique. 

In other words, I can't pass the full string with datetimes and expressions as a url.  

How might I get around this?

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

Can you pull in the page via an Iframe rather than as a page include?  You could then include parameters on the URL.

uxtx_timuxtx_tim

I could but  the reason I haven't is because I want to be able to utilize the rerender attribute of the action function.  If I enclose the iframe within an apex component (pageBlock or something similar) would the rerender still work?

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

I think when I've done this before I've put the iframe inside an outputpanel and its refreshed correctly.