function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BrettGusBrettGus 

VisualForce inputField won't display standard Type (not RecordType) field

I'm trying to create a visualforce page to replace the Log A Call page.  Everything is working fine, except when I try to add  <apex:inputField value="{!Task.Type}" /> this works without error, but the actual field doesn't appear on the actual VisualForce page.  I'm trying to add the standard field Type, is the standard field Type, not the RecordType.  I also noticed that this field doesn't show up in the Apex Explorer.   Can anyone help me with this.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
forecast_is_cloudyforecast_is_cloudy

You need to update the Field Level Security for the 'Type' field to make it visible to all User Profiles. In the Borwser, go to Setup-->Customize-->Activities-->Task Fields-->Type and then select 'Set Field Level Security' to make the field visible to the appropriate Profiles.

All Answers

forecast_is_cloudyforecast_is_cloudy

You need to update the Field Level Security for the 'Type' field to make it visible to all User Profiles. In the Borwser, go to Setup-->Customize-->Activities-->Task Fields-->Type and then select 'Set Field Level Security' to make the field visible to the appropriate Profiles.

This was selected as the best answer
BrettGusBrettGus

THANK YOU SO MUCH.  That did it.