function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sicritchleysicritchley 

Excel Formulas in Visualforce Page

I have built a visualforce page that renders to an excel. The main structure of the excel is using Tables however I run into a problem when I need to include excel formulas in the table.

The main problem I am having is that when I include an excel formula that includes greater than or less than statement, which include a < or >, it causes the visualforce page to throw up the following error:

Error: The content of elements must consist of well-formed character data or markup.

How can I place my formula in the table without getting this error? Is there a function that will output the text exactly as it is shown without trying to render elements between the < and > characters?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Jake GmerekJake Gmerek

Try &lt; for < and &gt; for > and see what happens.  VF is reading < > as tag starts and ends, that should get around it.

All Answers

Jake GmerekJake Gmerek

Try &lt; for < and &gt; for > and see what happens.  VF is reading < > as tag starts and ends, that should get around it.

This was selected as the best answer
Mr.BrooksMr.Brooks

Hi,

I am currently having a similar problem. Well my problem is trying to bring data from excel into a Visual Force page while keeping the excel forumlas the same. So far all I have come across is people saying that vice versa, I can export Visual Force data into Excel, is the only thing possible.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

GennadiyGennadiy
sicritchley,

could you please show a simple example how you describe Excel formulas on a VisualForce page?