function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
memtiger623memtiger623 

Trying to create a mouseover popup to a VF page

Ive been trying a million different ways to create a popup bubble when a user mouses over a link to show a customized VF page for contact info + other objects.   Because it needs to include so much on the mouseover, the standard mini page layout doesnt work. I tried learning some JQuery to do this and I can get a popup to appear, but when I try to  link in a page, it crashes out.  It says it cant find some .js files and refuses to load the page along with the header getting messed up on the page.  Is there a simple way to do this that I'm missing?

Any direction would be greately appreciated!

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
memtiger623memtiger623

Figured it out.  Besides turning off the standardstylesheet, the header, and the sidebar, the URL needs to include core.apexpages.devmode.url=1 to turn off the nasty HTML that comes with it!

All Answers

Shashikant SharmaShashikant Sharma

I don't know I understood your issue correctly or not , but I can suggest you showModalDialog might be usefull to you if you want to use. You can open a modal window on mouse over.

http://javascript.about.com/library/blmodald1.htm

memtiger623memtiger623

In functionality I mean similar to when you hover over a related list and a bubble comes up.... except I want to create a bubble to a visualforce page.  When I use like qTip or other JS/Jquery tools, it just crashes the page when I tell it to go to something like url: '/apex/jquerybubbletest'.  I will not load the page in the bubble and it throws errors for being unable to find standard JS files for salesforce.

Shashikant SharmaShashikant Sharma

I am not good at usin jQuery but I can suggest you one thing , You can create a Output Panel , Create a table or waht ever data in it and hide it initialy. On mouse over set its visibility to visible, I have done the same to show a big help msg text.

memtiger623memtiger623

Figured it out.  Besides turning off the standardstylesheet, the header, and the sidebar, the URL needs to include core.apexpages.devmode.url=1 to turn off the nasty HTML that comes with it!

This was selected as the best answer
Amit Yadav 9Amit Yadav 9
hi memtiger623,

Can you please provide the code for this requirement. I need it really urgent..

Thanks