function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
craigt_rcsecraigt_rcse 

Use Layout Sections of Standard Layout in Visual Force Page

Hello Everyone,

I've successfully created a tabbed view for several objects using code I found on the discussion boards.  Thanks to all those who contributed to that.  Now I want to continue with my customization by creating tabs for the layout sections found in the standard layouts.  

Is there an apex component or other method for referring to and using an entire layout section with its fields? 

For example, our case layout contains several sections such as ‘basic information’, ‘product information’, ‘contact information’, etc.  Each of these layout sections contains a number of varying fields.  I’d want to create tabs for these sections and am hoping  there is a component or code snippet that will let me add the entire section (including the fields contained in that section) to a tab without having to build the tab, page block sections, fields, etc. from scratch.

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

You don't have that level of granularity I'm afraid.  There is the apex:detail component, but that pulls in all of the sections from the detail page in one go rather than a section at a time.

You can use field sets to create the group of fields that appear in the section without having to code them on the page, but you'll have to create the tab and page block sections from scratch I think.