function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
VFVF 

Enable edit functionality on VF page

There is a VF page in which we are using extensions along with the standard controller of an standard object(say account).

For a particular Profile the Create\Edit functionality of the standard object has been removed.

So whenever the user of that particular profile logs in hes not able to edit anything in VF Page where the extension for a standard controller is being used.

Please help me how to give edit access on VF page keeping the profile level settings intact.

REgards,

shaan

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
kiranmutturukiranmutturu

when you remove the create and edit permissions for that profile .. if you create a custom page with all the inputs given also, you can't commit those values.. at last those values has to obey the profile based settings....And I am dam about this... profiel is the top respective settings.. on the top we can't set any thing or we can't override ...

All Answers

kiranmutturukiranmutturu

dont give the edit button to that particular profile

like {!$profile.name == 'sys admin'}...like this.......

VFVF

The requirement is the user with that particular profile which has readonly access should have access to edit the vf page.

Which is not happening in our case

Thanks

shaan

kiranmutturukiranmutturu

profile is the top level of security ..based on that items will be accessed..so this can't be change through your custom page. I think so

VFVF

Are you sure on this?

dont we have any other functionality to achieve the requirement.

kiranmutturukiranmutturu

when you remove the create and edit permissions for that profile .. if you create a custom page with all the inputs given also, you can't commit those values.. at last those values has to obey the profile based settings....And I am dam about this... profiel is the top respective settings.. on the top we can't set any thing or we can't override ...

This was selected as the best answer
VFVF

Thanks kiran...

Thanks for your valuable feedback...