function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Greg RohmanGreg Rohman 

BUG: Inline Edits and standard Contact controller on simple page

Hello.

I'm having trouble with a very simple VF page using the standard Contact controller. The code is below:

<apex:page standardController="Contact">
	<apex:form >
		<apex:detail subject="{!contact}" inlineEdit="true"/>
	</apex:form>
</apex:page>

When I inline edit a field and click the Save button, the buttons switch to "Saving..." and then the page just sits. It never refreshes. My complete VF page does contain additional code, but even when simplifying it to the simple code above, it still does not work. Inline editing works on the standard Contact page, which leads me to believe that it's not a trigger issue.

The identical code for the Account object, as seen below, works fine, leading me to believe it's not a browser issue (I've tested in Chrome, IE and Firefox):

<apex:page standardController="Account">
	<apex:form >
		<apex:detail subject="{!account}" inlineEdit="true"/>
	</apex:form>
</apex:page>

This appears to be bug, unless there's another explanation. Please advise. Thank you.

-Greg

LuvaraLuvara

I am having the same issue with my Case page, which is VF with inline editing enabled.

Chris

Greg RohmanGreg Rohman

Any additional insight on this, or confirmation that it is indeed a bug?

-Greg

LuvaraLuvara

Salesforce got back to me today. A known issue with no estimated time for resolution.

Chris

Greg RohmanGreg Rohman

Perhaps this is an undocumented fix in the pending Summer '11 release? Any insight from a Salesforce representation on that possibility?

-Greg

DJ Rock your own styleDJ Rock your own style

Hi Guys, Facing the same issue here... Please update if anyone has a solution....

Regards,

Dave.