function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
lammylammy 

VFP Queue Page

I am looking for some experience and insight on a page that I have been asked to create. The page will be used by delegated admins to manage queues (such as lead queues, case queues) in their hierarchical structure. I am not worried about the page details as much as access.

I know test classes give the option to set a user to run as and the dashboards are the same way. Is this possible to accomplish in a custom controller? It is preferable to do this rather that turn on the profile settings.

Thanks.

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

You can't use runAs in a controller I'm afraid.  Is there anything on the user or profile record that you can check to determine if they should have access or not?

lammylammy

I know he profile can be checked, however, the settings: 

“Customize Application”

AND

“Manage Public List Views” and “Manage Users”

are not ones that we wish to open up to these users. This opens more windows than we prefer. I was wondering if there is a way around this....

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

Ah I see.  I've not tried specifically to open up these elements, but I've always been defeated when I've tried this sort of things in the past.  

We've tended to have discrete windows when we give the users that level of access and then turn it off again afterwards, e.g. 4-5pm every day is merge duplicate accounts time so some users get delete on accounts for that hour.  

I guess you could use the metadata api, but you'd be looking at quite a bit of coding for that I'm afraid.