function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
woodmanzeewoodmanzee 

need help generating contact table

So I'm trying to create a pop up page that lets me generate a table of all the contacts in the system and lets me select which ones I want to perform a certain action, but I can't figure out how to generate the table. When you go to the normal contacts tab and click "go" to view all contacts it generates a neat little table with two buttons for "New Contact" and "Add to Campain." How do they generate that table? I essentially want that same page but to be able to manipulate the buttons to do different things.

I at least want to know how to generate that table for a different visualforce page. Any help? Thanks!

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
sfdcfoxsfdcfox

That's a built-in table. You can replicate the list by using apex:enhancedList. Of course, you'll need to do some more work, like providing it with the custom buttons and so on. It should be fairly straight-forward though. Check the "component reference" on the Visualforce page editor.

All Answers

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

That's a built-in table. You can replicate the list by using apex:enhancedList. Of course, you'll need to do some more work, like providing it with the custom buttons and so on. It should be fairly straight-forward though. Check the "component reference" on the Visualforce page editor.

This was selected as the best answer
woodmanzeewoodmanzee

So i duplicated the table with apex:enhancedList as you suggested and have been walking through the component lists, but I can't find out how to replace the default buttons it has. I can make my own within the apex:form tags, but the list can't be nested inside and so it looks ugly, and it still has the buttons I don't want. Any other tips you can give me?

Thanks a ton