function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
w.mohan@isidsea.comw.mohan@isidsea.com 

How to open a qlikview file from salesforce

Using Qlikview, I have created a file and saved on my machine with salesforce accounts and contacts data.  How to write the script to open the file when I click a custom tab

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

I don't think you'll be able to do this.  Most browsers will not allow the contents of a file on the users local file system to be accessed directly from the browser, as this is a huge security risk (essentially it would allow malicious javascript to pull back the contents of files at will).  Also, even if you add a file URL to your web tab, a lot of browsers will block that too.  For example, Mozilla browsers won't action file URLS from a page served via HTTP.  They appear, but if you click on them nothing happens.

Is there a reason why you can't upload the file to Salesforce?

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your reply.

What I have done is from qlikview I login to salesforce apps to get the data from accounts table (for example) and I have saved into a .qvw file on my desktop.  This file also contain the salesforce login details. This is from Qlikview to salesforce.

Then in salesforce create a page and a corresponding tab.  Login to salesforce and click the tab the file saved on my desktop will be opened.  I tried the below sample script in the page i created after making changes.  This page supposed to open the file from the server, and after refreshing, i will get the updated dashboard with the latest info. not sure this is because I am using qlikview personal edition.

<apex:page >
<iframe height="1000px" width="1500px" id="<PageName>" name="<PageLabel>"
src="http://<AccessPointServer>/QvAJAXZfc/opendoc.htm?document=<account.qvw>&host=
AccessPoint%20Documents"></iframe>
</apex:page>

This is the syntax not working,  This instruction I got from Qlikview setup and integration document

Thanks

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

The URL that you have posted above doesn't point to a file on your local filesystem though.  

What happens if you simply try to open the URL via the browser without embedding it into a Visualforce page?

If i use the URL and open thru browser, the file is opened using qlikview directly

The same when I link thru salesforce, I only see a blank white screen within the salesforce.

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

A few things to try:

• View the source of the Salesforce page and check the iframe syntax, just in case there's been some escaping done on the URL
  • View the properties of the iframe to check there are no reasons why the retrieval failed
  • Try removing salesforce from the equation - e.g. create an html file on your local machine that contains an iframe sourced from the URL and see if that works.  It's possible that the 3rd party site doesn't like the salesforce page as the referring URL.

avkavk

You will have to install qlik view app in ur salesforce from the app exchange-  http://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0330000005lWE3AAM  ..and i think u cannot use the .qvw file which is saved on ur machine in any salesforce org.. instead u can access data directly from salesforce after the installation (thru scripts in qlikview). And this is not free to install.. u have to buy it.

- Anil Valluri

Janaki VenkitasubramanianJanaki Venkitasubramanian
I added the <apex:page> code to the Visualforce page and created a tab. It works perfectly fine and shows me the qlikview dashboard, but after sometime when the user is not viewed the page for quite sometime it throws error "The page cannot be displayed because an internal server error has occurred." 

I have to once again go to the Visualforce source code page and add the Ajax URL. C

Can someone help me with it.