function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
civiccivic 

Vf page should retrive id for the custom object and display the details of that Id

I have created a Force.com site and wrote a VF page using the contact standard object which will welcome the contactID  with first& last name.

what should i do to achieve the following tasks

If the contact ID is a member of the X Channel, show them the X Subscription Group.  It should list the Subscription based on Order within the SubscriptionGroup_Subscription associative table. Fyi, subscription and subscriptiongroup subscriptions are custom objects.

what should the code look like, any details are helpful.

Thanks

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

This sounds like you'll need an extension controller based on the contact standard controller.

The exact solution depends on how the objects are related.  Can you clarify how:

(1) Contact is associated with channel

(2) Channel is associated with subscription group

(3) Is subscriptionGroup_Subscription a junction object (i.e. it has a lookup/master detail to both subscription group and subscription).

civiccivic

Thanks for the reply,

Here are the scenarios

1 channel is a field on contact

2 As of now channel is not associated with subscription group

3 Yes. subscription group_subscription is a junction object which has master detail both subscription group and subscription.

Appreciate any help

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

Hmm.  So how will you determine the X subscription group to be displayed if the contact is a member of X channel?  Is it based on the name or some other field?

civiccivic

i will link the channel to the subscriptiongroup_subscription.

Then what should be the code. pls help me, i need it.

Thanks

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

As you have the channel id in the contact record, you should be able to use something like the following to retrieve all of the subscriptiongroup_subscription records that the channel appears in:

List<SubscriptionGroup_Subscription__c> sgs=[select id, Subscription__c, SubscriptionGroup__c from SubscriptionGroup_Subscription__c where Subscription__r.Channel__c = :contact.Channel__c];