function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
CodeFinderCodeFinder 

Problems with Custom VF page using <apex:detail> tag

Hi,

I have overidden the default vf page of Account with a custom VF page. I have used the detail tag to get the account details in my page. But now the section headers are tranparent. They are visible when I highlight them. I see the section headers in EDIT view as it uses the default EDIT VF page. but I cannot see them in the custom page which I am using.

This is how the section Header looks

This is how it looks when I highlight it with my mouse

This is how it looks in the EDIT VF Page

This is how it has to look normally.

Is this a bug in using detail tag? I do not know how do I access the section Headers so that I can change the color.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
CodeFinderCodeFinder

Sorry Thank you for the help. I put the detail tag in pageBlock. I put it outside pageBlock it worked for me.

</apex:pageBlockButtons>          
  </apex:pageBlock>
  <apex:detail subject="{!account}" rendered="true" showChatter="true" inlineEdit="true"/>  
</apex:form> 

All Answers

Shashikant SharmaShashikant Sharma

Please share your VFP Code and Screen Shots also if possible, in you ealier post no screen shot is coming correctly.

CodeFinderCodeFinder

I dont know whats the problem but I cannot insert an image here. I give the url C:\Users\xx\Desktop\Pic1.jpg but it does not show it properly. is there any other way I can do it?

VF code is

<apex:page standardController="Account" tabStyle="Account"  extensions="AssignNumberController">
<apex:pageMessages id="msgs" />

<apex:form >
     <apex:pageBlock id="bannerBlock" rendered="{!bannerBlockIsVisible}">
     	<apex:pageBlockSection columns="1" >
     		<apex:pageBlockSectionItem dataStyle="background-color:#FFFF66; font-size:large; ">
     	     		<apex:outputLabel value="Account Created Successfully!!!" style="text-align:center; color:green; font-style:italic; font-weight:bold; font-family:Arial"></apex:outputLabel>
     		</apex:pageBlockSectionItem>
     	</apex:pageBlockSection>     	

<apex:pageBlock id="buttonsBlock">
              <apex:pageBlockButtons location="top">
	              <apex:commandButton value="Assign Number" action="{!assignArborNumber}" rendered="{!isVisible}" reRender="buttonsBlock,bannerBlock"/>
	              <apex:commandButton value="Create Account " action="{!createAccount}" reRender="msgs" title="Creates a new account in tool and updates the account with an Id from tool"/>
	              	              <apex:outputLabel value="{!responseMessage}"></apex:outputLabel>
          <apex:detail subject="{!account}" rendered="true" showChatter="true" inlineEdit="true"/>  
</apex:page>

CodeFinderCodeFinder

Sorry Thank you for the help. I put the detail tag in pageBlock. I put it outside pageBlock it worked for me.

This was selected as the best answer
Shashikant SharmaShashikant Sharma

I was just sending you this

<apex:page standardController="Account" tabStyle="Account"  >
<apex:pageMessages id="msgs" />

<apex:form >

<apex:pageBlock id="buttonsBlock">
              <apex:pageBlockButtons location="top">

</apex:page>

But good to know you also picked it.

Please mark your post as resolved so that others will also get benifited from it.