function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
avkavk 

Does field sets impact the help text positioning of fields ???

Below is an image where I've used field set on a visualforce page. If you mouse over on a help icon of the field, example- Country as shown in the image, for the first time, the help text box is positioned / displayed correctly (beside that field as expected).

But when we mouse over on any of the fields which are aligned on the Right column of the page and then again mouse over on the same field- Country, then the help text is positioned on the worng area (Right side column of the page as shown in the image)

Can anyone help me find out the problem?

HelpText for Fields in Field Set

Help Text for Fields in Field Set

Thanks,

Anil

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

Are you using apex:inputField components to render the fields?

avkavk

Yes, Im using the apex: InputField component via field set inside apex: Repeat.

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

How are you laying out your page?  Are you floating the components to the left and right?

avkavk

I've used a pageBlockSection with columns="4"

<apex:pageBlockSection columns="4" ...>

-- Here I used the repeat component inside which Input fields are used via a field set.

</apex:pageBlockSection>

And FYI, I've just found out that this issue is not only with fields that are rendered from Field Sets, but also with direct Input Fields.. And I think this is happening only on vf pages which are popped-up in a seperate window.

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

Hmm.  Does the positioning make sense if related to the parent window rather than the popup window?

avkavk

Yes, It is okay with a normal window.

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

Sorry, not being clear enough with my question.

When you have a popup window, are the help boxes displayed with an offset from the top right (or similar) of the parent window that would make sense if applied to the top right (or similar) of the popup window?  I'm wondering if there confusion about the position of the popup versus the parent window.

avkavk

You mean moving the pop up window over the parent window? This didn't resolved the issue. The help text box also moves along with the pop up window tied up at the same wrong position.

But if we resize the pop up window and fit it to the parent window the issue is resolved as u can see below, but this is not the acceptable solution-

And I feel the help text boxes doesn't synchronize with page resizing.

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

Hmm.  So it looks like the positioning of the text box is related to the parent window rather than the popup window.  This could be painful as the javascript that positions the help is deep in the SFDC included script files.  I'm afraid I don't have any idea how it determines the window location - i.e. whether its based on name etc.

avkavk

Yeah thats fine.. Anyways pls keep updating your thoughts..

Thanks in Advance,

Anil

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

I'll have a play around with some of my pages and see if I get any ideas.