function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Devendra SawantDevendra Sawant 

Create Customer Portal Users

Hi,

Is it possible to create new customer portal user using Manage Users functionality of setup menu? or

Is it possible to create visualforce page functionality to create these type of users?

Cheers,

Devendra S

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
srikeerthisrikeerthi

You can find the Users and their used liscences in Company Information.

Go to Adminstrator Setup->Company Profile->Company Information,there you can find

the number of users in your orgnaization and to which liscence they belongs to.

If this solves your problem,mark it as a solution.So that others get benefitted.

Thanks

All Answers

srikeerthisrikeerthi

Hi

For Creating a Customer Portal User you need to go from the Contact and then

Create User,there is no option for creating User from manage Users.

Thanks

Devendra NataniDevendra Natani

You cannot create customer portal users or partner portal users from Manage Users. These type of users are always associated with a contact. So you will have to go to contact detail page. You can use  "Work with Portal" button to create these type of users.

You can also use the vf page to create these types of users.

Please let me know if there is any issue.

Thanks,

Devendra Natani

Blog 

Hi,

I have created one app. The app is visible to internal users(users will be created using Setup-> Manage Users).

I have some clients. They will be my external users. I want to give access to clients using Customer Portal mechansim.

Every Client has Client Contacts.

Therefore I have created relationship between "Client" and "Client Contact" object.

Can I use Account object (which is similar to my Client Object) and Contact object (which is similar to my Client Contact Object)?

By doing this can i control Customer Portal Users?

Which is the suitable way to do this?

Cheers,
Devendra S

srikeerthisrikeerthi

If you need to give access to Customer portal then only Contacs which are having Accounts

can be given access to Customer Portal,You cant give Customer Portal access to Normal Users.

If you need to restrict the data on Customer portal which your Portal Users are viewing,

you can do that by giving Permissions on that User's Profile.

Thanks

Hi,

So, Instead of creating Client and Client Contact object, i should replace them with Account and Contact objects respectively. That would be helpful to maintain Customer Portal Users.

Will this work?

Cheers,

Devendra S

srikeerthisrikeerthi

I did not get exactly what you are trying to do..

But If you need to work with Portal then you need to go for Contacts and Accounts.But you 

cannot give Full Access Permission on Account for Customer Portal you can give only

Read Permission.Please refer the following link for more Info

https://help.salesforce.com/apex/htviewhelpdoc?id=customer_portal_tab_order.htm&language=en.

Hi,

I am creating one app, which has Client and Client Contact Objects.

These Clients are external users. Thereforce i want them to use Customer Portals.

So, how can i proceed? Instead of creating Client and Client Contact, should i use Account and Contact object to replace them. Will it be useful?

Cheers,

Devendra S

Hi,

One more thing i want to ask here,

How can LMA  keep count of number of  internal users and customer portal(external user) ?

Cheers,

Devendra S

srikeerthisrikeerthi

Ok 

You can Replace them with Account and Contact and there is no concept of External Users and Internal Users,

all the Users will belongs to Users in your Organization.

Hi,

So all the records in contact object will use the Customer Portal and remaining Users in the org will get the app to use.

Am i right? Please correct me if i am going in wrong direction.

Cheers,

Devendra S

srikeerthisrikeerthi

Yes

Only Contact Records can access Customer Poratl if it is enabled as Customer portal User and you can assign the

App to Portal Users Profile.If you want to give App to Customer Portal users you can give by going to create App-> assign the App to those Customer Portal Profiles.

And Other Users can use the App if you assign the App to their Profiles. 

Ok. Thanks..!!

I want to sell this app to one customer and i want to keep count of normal users and customer portal users.

How can i do this?

From my information LMA only count licenses as a whole. It does not differentiate between normal users and customer portal users.

Cheers,

Devendra S

srikeerthisrikeerthi

You can find the Users and their used liscences in Company Information.

Go to Adminstrator Setup->Company Profile->Company Information,there you can find

the number of users in your orgnaization and to which liscence they belongs to.

If this solves your problem,mark it as a solution.So that others get benefitted.

Thanks

This was selected as the best answer

Hi,

For this, i require login credentials of owner who will be using my app. In owner org, Company Profile->Company Information will give me license information.

Am i right?

Cheers,

Devendra S

srikeerthisrikeerthi

Yes

You need to login to see this.

John KlokJohn Klok
hey,
Please find the Implementation Guide,
You can follow the guidelines of the create new customer portal user using Manage Users
https://www.crmjetty.com/salesforce-wordpress-customer-portal.htm
https://www.crmjetty.com/blog/salesforce-customer-portal/