function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
deplaideplai 

column not showing up in visualforce page on Sites

I created a simple visualforce page that just pulls data from an custom object.  I have a salesforce site pointed to that Page. When i view the page from within salesforce using the internal link: "https://na7.salesforce.com/apex/uptime", it looks correct.  But when I access the site page, which is calling this page, the Up TIme column has no data. :http://highwire.force.com/watchmouse.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

<apex:page standardController="Watchmouse__c" recordsetVar="Watchmouse" standardStylesheets="false" showheader="false" sidebar="false">

<h1>Up Time</h1>

<apex:dataTable value="{!Watchmouse}" var="watch" rowclasses="odd,even">
<apex:column headervalue="Site">
<apex:outputtext value="{!watch.name}"/>
</apex:column>
<apex:column headervalue="Up Time">
<apex:outputtext value="{!watch.UpTime__c}"/>
</apex:column>

</apex:dataTable>

</apex:page>

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
sfdcfoxsfdcfox

Check your FLS (Field Level Security) on the field. Go to Setup > Develop > Sites > Site Label > Public Access Settings > Scroll to Custom Field Level Security > Object Name [View] > Edit. Check the "Visible" marks for all fields they should have access to, and save.

All Answers

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

Check your FLS (Field Level Security) on the field. Go to Setup > Develop > Sites > Site Label > Public Access Settings > Scroll to Custom Field Level Security > Object Name [View] > Edit. Check the "Visible" marks for all fields they should have access to, and save.

This was selected as the best answer
deplaideplai

Brilliant! That was it.  I knew it was some kind of security issue since I could see in one and not the other.  Didn't bother to check the FLS on the profile.  Thanks for your help.