function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
hollingdhollingd 

Visualforce details page from search results page

Hi,

I've just started to get into Visualforce pages and am currently attempting my first development.  I've successfully managed to create a search page (accountSearch) on the accounts object.  The page refreshes and returns a list of accounts that closely match the search term provided by the user.

The vision for this development is to provide a SF site that employees can us who do not have a salesforce account, in order to lookup data on a specific account record.

I'm now trying to build the next part - once a list of accounts is returns the user should be able to click the account name which calls a new page (i.e.. accountDetail) that shows more information on that account and possibly a Google map based on the billing address. Is this possible?

I would really appreciate some assistance and guidance on how I might:

1. Create the details page to display this information
  2. pass the account id variable to the details page
  3. get the details page to populate based on the variable passed.

Again the idea is to provide account information based on a search to non-salesforce users within my organisation.

Thanks in advance.

Shashikant SharmaShashikant Sharma

You can use Google API for this, You have to grab billing address then get latitude and longitude from an API and then show it in google map passing latitude and longitude.

Check : http://www.google.com/enterprise/earthmaps/maps.html

hollingdhollingd

Thanks for your comments regarding the Google map this certainly look possible and I will review this once I've got the detail page sorted.

Thanks again and appreciate your reply.