function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BZKBZK 

<ol> tags rendering as <blockquote>

I have a complex visualforce page in which *all* of my <ol> tags are rendering as <blockquotes>.  In the page source, there are many <ol> tags and no <blockquote> tags.  In the rendered HTML, it's the opposite.

I don't even know where to begin looking for a solution -- thoughts?

Benj

dipudipu

<style>
ol {list-style-type: decimal}
</style>

Try putting this on the top of your page. If that does not work there are alternate ways to inject styles into the html element.

Checkout more about list-style-type from the link below or directly from w3c site.

http://www.w3schools.com/css/pr_list-style-type.asp

BZKBZK

It's not a question of CSS - i mean that the <ol> tags have literally been replaced by <blockquote> tags in the generated HTML.  I know that I can adjust styles accordingly, but I'm trying to solve the alchemic transformation!

dipudipu

That is strange. If possible please create a test page with test code and include the code here.

I tried the following code and it is working fine. The ol tag is not replaced with blockquote and it is using the default list-style.

<apex:pageBlock id="idTestCode">
    <apex:outputPanel id="idTestCode">
        <ol>
            <li>Hello Li 1</li>
            <li>Hello Li 2</li>
        </ol>		
    </apex:outputPanel>
</apex:pageBlock>

BZKBZK

I can't get a test page to replicate the behavior, and don't want to post this page as it's REALLY LONG and involves several components (which may be contributed to the problem).

I've filed a case with SF support, who can look on the backend, and will report back.