function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
vikramkkvikramkk 

output link open in new window

Hi

I have an output link when clicked should open in new window not the tab. I tried using target=blank for IE browser but the link is getting opened in new tab but not new window.  Is there any way that I can open it in new window as popup instead of tab

Chamil MadusankaChamil Madusanka

Hi,

Use following,

<apex:outputLink value="your URL" target="_blank">Edit</apex:outputLink>

This will work in IE properly. But in firefox, t will be a new tab.

If a reply to a post answers your question or resolves your problem, please mark it as the solution to the post so that others may benefit.

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

chamil,

As a clarification, target="_blank" can be configured to open in a new window or a new tab, depending on the user preference.

vikramkkvikramkk

Hi

Can you explain how   target="_blank" can be configured to open in a new window or tab? Because when I use IE browser   with default tab settings as " let  browser decide how popup should be open as a tab or window" the link is always getting opened in new tab but I want it to be opened in new window always. For this I don't want to change browser settings. Is this can be achieved?

Thanks

Chamil MadusankaChamil Madusanka

Hi,

My IE browser has following settings

Tools>Internet Options>General>Tabs>Settings>"A new tab in the current window"

And I have used the code as in my previous reply. It works properly. It produce a new window for popoup.

If a reply to a post answers your question or resolves your problem, please mark it as the solution to the post so that others may benefit.

Chamil's Blog

PremanathPremanath

Thanks  Chamil,   it's works good for Output Link