function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
vinsrivvinsriv 

creating popup

i want to create a popup windowwith a message  that should come every time a user logs into salesforce

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
vinsrivvinsriv

Yes...I made a custom tab to be the default landing tab. That tab is linked to a VF page where i wrote the code for showing pop up...

so it comes everytime a user logs into salesforce.

All Answers

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

You could do this via an HTML component on the home page that whenever the user hits the home page it is displayed.

This can be annoying for users though - is there any reason you wouldn't just display it in large type etc on the home page?

vinsrivvinsriv

thanks Bob, but i want that pop up to come whenever user logs into salesforce. can u help me out. its urgent

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

I'm not aware of any way to tell that the user has just logged in.  All we've been able to do in the past is add behaviour to a specific page which we take to be the landing page of the user.

vinsrivvinsriv

Actually i want to create a popup saying "welcome to salesforce" for a user whenever he logs into salesforce. The popup should come along with the Home page.

This popup should come for all the users.

Darshan FarswanDarshan Farswan

You can manage the home page by moving into <Your User Name> ->Customize->Home-> Home Page Components.

You can define a new component using HTML, and call the Java function to show the pop up.

Home page cannot be modified as such, so you will have to play around the components and find out what is right for you.

vinsrivvinsriv

yeah i did that...but if i do that then i have to click on that home page component to see the pop up..

but my requirement is that pop up should come automatically when a user logs in...so if i go by this method then pop up is not coming automatically

my pop up should be auto pop up when user logs in..

john sanjohn san

Did you figure out how to do this?

vinsrivvinsriv

Yes...I made a custom tab to be the default landing tab. That tab is linked to a VF page where i wrote the code for showing pop up...

so it comes everytime a user logs into salesforce.

This was selected as the best answer
Lindsay MacArthurLindsay MacArthur
Hello vinsriv, can you be a little more specific on how you accomplished this and any code involved? I have the same exact request to create a pop up box that shows everytime a user logs into the system. Thanks!