function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sravusravu 

Service Cloud Console App

Hi,

I overrided case view button with a visualforce page. When I created  a service cloud console app, and opened a case record, it displays External Page. Is there a way to rename the page with the case number.

Thanks in advance.

dn6184dn6184

I am experiencing a similar issue with our overridden Ticket pages, the inability to change the title from External Page makes service console useless for our organization.

sunny.dale5sunny.dale5

wheni have read some posts about overriden pages, what they did is thatb they start it all over again.

Michael RamseyMichael Ramsey

Try explicitly setting the title of the tab in your VF page such as:

<apex:page standardController="Case" standardStyleSheets="true" showHeader="false" sidebar="false">

<apex:includeScript value="/support/console/22.0/integration.js"/>

<script type="text/javascript">

function defaultTabTitle() {

//Set the current tab's title

sforce.console.setTabTitle('Case: {!case.CaseNumber}');

}

var pageLoad = window.onload;

window.onload = function() {

if (pageLoad) {

pageLoad();

}

defaultTabTitle();

}

</script>

<apex:detail subject="{!case.Id}" relatedList="false" title="false" inlineedit="true"/>

</apex:page>

KayalKayal

Hi,

Explicitly setting the title of the tab works fine but however my other javascripts that i have for that VF Page goes invalid in this case. In detail, i have a VF page for "Contact" in which i have inserted a Click To Dial icon through javascript (this includes validation of phone number when the icon is clicked). This was working fine before setting the tab title explicitly. 

What i want is, both the scripts should work fine. Is it possible? why does explicitly setting tab title affects the other javascript? Any suggestion fixing this would be of great help.

-Kayal

PranavLAXPranavLAX

I tried the above code solution.. it works but however it does not work when the showheader=false....

Since I have written the case view link with the vf page, i need the headers to be shown when viewed from the normal view (without service console).

Is there a way to have the tab renamed without setting the show header = true?

sainath.pinnintisainath.pinninti

The spexcified code is working fine, but the help text icons in my VF page are not displaying help text. If I comment the code, the help text is visble. Please let me know, if any other solution is there. Thanks in advance.

KasriftKasrift

I hate to revive an old thread, but I am running into the same issue.  Basically, I am just trying to create a VF layout over the standard Case layout in the service console, however the the tab says "External Page" rather than the case number.  If I am not in the service console, the title shows the case number at the top of the page, but in the service console I don't know how to rename the tabs.  Without getting into the rest of the VF code, here is the basic version:

<apex:page standardController="Case" standardStyleSheets="true" showHeader="true"
tabStyle="Case" title="{!Case.CaseNumber}">
<apex:form >
<apex:detail subject="{!Case.ID}" relatedlist="true" inlineEdit="true"/>
</apex:form>
<script>
    document.getElementById('bottomButtonRow').remove();
</script>
    </apex:page>