function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Devendra SawantDevendra Sawant 

Using Standard Object in Managed Package

Hi,

I have created one app and it consist of standard objects (For e.g. Campaign, Account, Contact.) and some custom objects.

I have customized these object as per requiremnt. For. e.g Added few custom fields to every object, Changed Label of Account object to Client etc.

I have created Managed Package. My question is when  particular user is going to install my package, does managed package Account object overrides the standard Account object in customers org?

Cheers,

Devendra S

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
WesNolte__cWesNolte__c

Hey,

It is impossible to "override" the Account object. If you've added custom fields to the Account in your packaging Org those will just be attached to the Account object in the target Org i.e. your customisations will augment the target Account.

Wes 

All Answers

WesNolte__cWesNolte__c

Hey,

No it won't, you're safe :)

Wes

Devendra SawantDevendra Sawant

Hi,

What if i want to override my account object(which is in managed package) with subscibers Account object. Will it be possible?

Cheers,

Devendra S

WesNolte__cWesNolte__c

Hey,

It is impossible to "override" the Account object. If you've added custom fields to the Account in your packaging Org those will just be attached to the Account object in the target Org i.e. your customisations will augment the target Account.

Wes 

This was selected as the best answer
bcfbcf

So essentially, you cannot change the TAB name for a standard object (e.g, Accounts, Contacts), add a bunch of custom fields and have it be installed in the 'target' org as configured?  Is this true even if the target org is pristine and has no Account records in it?