function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Tony101Tony101 

inlineEditing Query

Hi

I am new to visualforce pages so I decided to work through the Visualforce Developer's Guide examples, I am having a bit of a problem with the apex inlineEdit command, I just can't get it to work. I have done the following

<apex:page standardcontroller="Account">
    <apex:detail subject="{!account.id}" relatedList="false" inlineEdit="true"/>
</apex:page>

I have tried putting <apex:form> </apex:form> around the detail but this has no effect either.

Have I forgotten to turn something on?

Thank you.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Sweta AgnihotriSweta Agnihotri

Hi,

You need to enable inline editing feature to make use of it.

Please go to "Setup--> Customize-->User Interface-->Enable Inline Editing" and check the option.

This resolves the issue.

Thanks

All Answers

kiranmutturukiranmutturu

check it out your API version.. this feature is available from 20.0 only.,.

Chamil MadusankaChamil Madusanka

HI,

Try this example,

http://salesforceworld.blogspot.com/2011/06/inline-editing-in-visualforce-page.html

If a reply to a post answers your question or resolves your problem, please mark it as the solution to the post so that others may benefit.

Chamil's Blog

Sweta AgnihotriSweta Agnihotri

Hi,

You need to enable inline editing feature to make use of it.

Please go to "Setup--> Customize-->User Interface-->Enable Inline Editing" and check the option.

This resolves the issue.

Thanks

This was selected as the best answer
Tony101Tony101

Hi all

Thank you for your replys, I was on holiday last week which is why it has taken so long to get back to you.

Sweta Agnihotri - That worked, thought it would be something simple but just couldn't see it. Thanks