function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
pp11222pp11222 

VF Page page - How to query records which does not have any records in a related object.

We have 2 custom objects

Order Line
Inventory Allocations

Inventory Allocation has a lookup relationship to Order Line

When Order Line is created then it may create inventory allocation records when inventory is available.

So there can be situations where a order line has no inventory allocations.

How can I query the order lines which does not have any inventory allocations.

I need to create a VF page which shows these records and process the records to create new inventory allocations.

I am looking for ability to do something similar to this

SELECT o.Id, o.nAME FROM OrderLine__c o
where (select count() from gii__InventoryAllocation__c where OrderLine__c = o.id) = 0

So that I can get a list of Order Lines and I can display them in a VF page

Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

Hi,        

In order to achieve your objective you can check the size the of child records, if there is lookup relationship between Order Line & Inventory Allocations.

Refer to the following code for clarity:-

list<OrderLine__c> orderln = [SELECT o.Id, o.nAME, (select id from InventoryAllocation__r)  FROM OrderLine__c o limit 1]; system.debug( ' Child Records -->'  +  orderln[0].InventoryAllocation__r.size());

if(orderln[0].InventoryAllocation__r.size()==0)

{

orderln[0].id=OrderLine__c id which don't have any related records.Now put your desire code here.

}

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved. 

hemantgarghemantgarg

Please try following :-

[select id, name from OrderLine__c where ID NOT IN (select OrderLine__c from gii__InventoryAllocation__c)]

Please make sure about the soql limits before implementing it in real application.