function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
VNVN 

system.security.NoAccessException:

Hi All,

I am getting an error on one of VF page i developed. I am overriding the standard edit page for a custom object say A with the visualforce page. In the page i have created a drop down field by quering another custom object say C. So C is child of Custom object called B which in turn is child of A.

The drop down displays all the records from C which are related to B(related to A). I hope i am making sense.

So when i click on save for this record it gives me the error above. From my initial analysis i found that it's because the profile i am using to save the record has only read only access for the custom object C. But in my code i am no where trying to edit custom object C. I am just using it to query and create the drop down for me.

I have no idea why salesforce is assuming i am trying to update object.

Please forgive me if my query is confusing. If you need further info please let me know. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Priya Nair

capgemini_kellycapgemini_kelly

Even I am facing the same issue.

I am not performing any kind of DML in my controller method.It just redirects the user to a different page.

Still i get system.security.NoAccessException: Update access denied for Job_Post__c Error and the form is not submitted.

The same page reloads.If i give all access to the profile for this particular Object, then i dont face such an issue.

But i cannot do so..the user should only be able to view the object and not perform any actions on it.

Please provide a solution.