function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sornasorna 

Dynamic Iframe Height

Hi,

I am having a VF page which just has an apex:detail tag. So, it is basically a replica of a standard page. But that standard page has an inline VF page and the content height of that inline VF page is uncertain. So, it displays a scroll bar if the content height is longer. 

My requirement is to remove the scroll bar and dynamically adjust the height of inline vf page which is a part of apex:detail tag. 

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Sorna

kiranmutturukiranmutturu

i think you may stop the scroll by writing a style like style="overflow:hidden"...

kiranmutturukiranmutturu

try like this....

<body onload=”resizeFrame(document.getElementById(‘childframe’))” bgcolor=”#cccccc”>

<script type=”text/javascript”>
// Firefox worked fine. Internet Explorer shows scrollbar because of frameborder
function resizeFrame(f) {
f.style.height = f.contentWindow.document.body.scrollHeight + “px”;
}
</script>

<p>Parent frame.</p>
<p>Parent frame.</p>
<p>Parent frame.</p>
<p>Parent frame.</p>

<p>
<iframe frameborder=0 border=0 src=”./child-frame.html” name=”childframe” id=”childframe”>
</iframe>

sornasorna

Thanks Kiran.

But the issue is the content should not be hidden. The height of the window should be dynamically adjusted to accommodate the size of the content.

So, I tried a similar code like the one you suggested. But the problem here is onload event on body tag in a vf page is not working. Because that VF page will have its own body tag and because of that the body tag which I added was ignored when the page executed. 

kiranmutturukiranmutturu

na na... u can add the script tag and call  this function directly.. i just gave the example based on html....

u can use the body tag direclty in the vf page...

<body onload="X();"></body>