function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
michael_mcmahonmichael_mcmahon 

PopUp a Window to show Object Detail

In the following code, Site is linked to it's detail and the detail also appears in a pop-up balloon on mouse hover. This is behavior inherent to the standard controller.

How do I get the same actions on Placement?  I've tried everything I can find short of writing actionSupport which seems like it should not be necessary. 

Thanks

standardController="Placement__c" recordsetVar="products">
   <apex:stylesheet value="{!URLFOR($Resource.Styles, 'grayedout.css')}"/>
   <apex:form >
      <apex:dataTable cellPadding="4" border="1" value="{!products}" var="pitem" rowClasses="odd,even">
          <apex:column headerValue="Site">
            <apex:outputField value="{!pitem.Site__c}">
            </apex:outputField>
         </apex:column>
         <apex:column headerValue="Placement Name">
            <apex:outputField value="{!pitem.Name}">
            </apex:outputField>
         </apex:column>

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

The reason you get the popup on site is because it is a lookup to another object and you've used an outputfield to display it.  If you want the same behaviour for placement, you'll need to display it in the same way.

We've hit this once or twice in the past and ended up creating a container sobject that contained the equivalent of a lookup to a site and a lookup to a placement, but this does burn an sobject so isn't my favourite way of doing it.

Chamil MadusankaChamil Madusanka

Hi,

Try this example,

http://salesforceworld.blogspot.com/2011/08/displaying-pop-up-summaries-on-hover-in.html

If a reply to a post answers your question or resolves your problem, please mark it as the solution to the post so that others may benefit.