function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
eswarieswari 

Carousel View

Hi,

I want to display a list of items in carousel view.

I tried in html and was able to do that using jquery java scripts and styles. (http://sorgalla.com/projects/jcarousel/#Examples)

Could any one please explain me how can we develop a carousel view using apex.

Thanks in advanvce.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

Why do you have to use Apex tags?  These render HTML anyway so you will get HTML tags on the final page.  

All Answers

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

You should be able to port your HTML/JQuery solution to visualforce - essentially that's HTML with custom tags and you can add javascript libraries and styles as static resources.

I'd suggest you start with a spin through the developer's guide - the Quick Start section should get you started:

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/pages/index_Left.htm#CSHID=pages_quick_start.htm|StartTopic=Content%2Fpages_quick_start.htm|SkinName=webhelp

eswarieswari

Thank you for the reply.

We are not able to port the HTML to visualforce, because the javascripts which we used in html conatins the tag names 'ul' and 'li' hardcoded. So, I couldn't get any clue on how to use the tags in apex.

So I am looking for a solution to get the carousel view in apex using javascript or jquery ....

Could you please help on this.

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

There's no reason why you can't use the html tags UL and LI in Visualforce.  I have ported HTML pages to VF by simply adding the javascript and css as static resources.

You would use apex tags to get at information from your salesforce instance.  You don't need to do this though, you can simply render HTML surrounded by an <apex:page> tag.

eswarieswari

Thank you for the reply.

Yes. We can render HTML code surrounded by an <apex:page> tag. But my requirement is to use only apex tags and so trying to not use even the UL and LI tags.

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

Why do you have to use Apex tags?  These render HTML anyway so you will get HTML tags on the final page.  

This was selected as the best answer
mayur sawantmayur sawant
Hi eswari,
Have you found any way of using carousel with apex tags...i am also facing the same issue...plz reply soon...
mayur sawantmayur sawant
updating my statement above,i am able to use some of the tags like apex:actionsupport,apex:commandlink,etc...but not able to use apex:repeat tag which is my prime requirement...