function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Nick G.Nick G. 

Visualforce Email: List - Opportunity Line Items

Hello,

I am beginning to learn visualforce and am stumped at a point in creating a visualforce email template.

My hope was to come up with an email template that could be used in the opportunity object so that when I enter a new opportunity with products listed in the opportunity line items related list the contact would receive an email that would act as an order confirmation. I am stuck while trying to figure out how to list the products in the opportunity line items list.

Below is what I was attempting to use. I was trying to mirror the use of the repeat component that was used in some example code that I found on developerforce. My problem is that it continues to say that Product is not a standard object of OpportunityLineItems. I see that Product is a lookup field and the field name shows as "Product2". Any thoughts?

Thanks, Nick

<messaging:emailTemplate subject="Equipment Order Confirmation" recipientType="Contact" relatedToType="Opportunity">
<messaging:plainTextEmailBody >

Dear {!recipient.name},

The following is confirmation of your equipment order:

Return Date: {! RelatedTo.Return_Date__c}

Equipment Requested
          [ Case Number ] - [ Subject ] - [ Email ] - [ Status ]
<apex:repeat var="cx" value="{!relatedTo.OpportunityLineItems}">
         {!cx.Product2}     {!cx.Quantity}
</apex:repeat>
</messaging:plainTextEmailBody>
</messaging:emailTemplate>

Andy BoettcherAndy Boettcher

Are you trying to show the Product name in the repeat section?  Your best bet is to create a Formula Field and use that to bring the Product name forward from the Product2 object, then reference that new Formula Field in your template.

-Andy

mktforcemktforce

Use {!cx.PriceBookEntry.name} instead of {!cx.product2}