function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
KunlunKunlun 

How to share VF to custom portal user

Hi All

I created a VF to override standard creating page of custom object. All that works fine in salesforce.

But it can not work for custom portal user, which threw error message "You do not have the level of access necessary to perform the operation you requested. Please contact the owner of the record or your administrator if access is necessary.".

Then I restore the creating page to SF standard one. It works for custom portal user. 

So there should be some permission setting for this VF to custom portal user.  How can I set it?

Thanks

Kunlun

S PraveenS Praveen

Hi,

First of all we discuss abt how to give a access for custom object to a portal user:

When you enable customer portal,while creating a object you have a checkbox like 'available for customer portal' or after creating custom object you have enabled the customer portal then you have edit the object in that you a check box 'available for customer portal' you should check that and save. 

Now that object will be available for the the portal profile.they you should give permission , After that give permission for the page and controller for that profile.

Thanks and Regards,

Praveen S

TejTej

if you go to your page from setup--> Develop--> Page--> your page-- click on security and add the profile of your customer portal user.

do the same thing for associated apex classes.

Thanks,