function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
LakshmanLakshman 

Is it possible to remove Hovers from apex:outputfiel referencing other object?

Hi All,

I do not want any hovers on outputField having an Id reference as below:

<apex:outputField value="{!objCase.OwnerId}"/>

I dont want any hover popup when user keeps mouse on this field value, is it possible?

Regards,

Lakshman

RonakPatel.ceRonakPatel.ce

Use Java Script And onload page Just remove that hover style with Hidden property or Change mouseover property

LakshmanLakshman

This is interesting Ronak, Can you give me a sample code to achieve this?

BTW I ended up by over-riding the standard hover functions which is not good.

It would be a great help to me if you can provide a sample code to remove hover style or JS mouseover properties onload of page.

Regards,

Lakshman

goabhigogoabhigo

Good suggestion Ronak.

But Lakshman, why don't you use <apex:outputText value="{!objCase.Owner.Name}" />

If you are using custom controller, then make sure that Owner.Name is included in SOQL query..

LakshmanLakshman

I have used that earlier but the label name comes as Name instead of Owner Name and also I had to use <apex:outputLabel> explicitly. But OutputField manages the formatting like bold labels, correct spacing etc perfectly.

So I am intended to go for outputLabel.

Any other thoughts?

Regards,

Lakshman

goabhigogoabhigo

Oh yes, thats true. Right now nothing is coming to my mind. But you can use style="font-weight:bold;" in outputLabel.

LakshmanLakshman

Yes true, I tried that but the label, I want it dynamic and I am using a pageblocksection for viewing all this. If I use outputField it comes out well formatted and matches other field formatting. But if I use outputText the spacing is a problem also font.

There are many such references on the page like LastModifiedById, CreatedById etc.

If there is nothing we can do with outputField, I will have to use the override Hover function approach, which is not good as other links present in Recent item wont work :(

Regards,

Lakshman

RonakPatel.ceRonakPatel.ce

HI

Lakshman

just see my code and make it dynamic to your page.

This is working

<apex:page standardController="Opportunity" tabStyle="Opportunity" sidebar="false" showHeader="false">
<Script type="text/javascript">
window.onload =function(){
document.getElementById("lookup005U0000000YbRjopp1").onmouseover="null";

}
</Script>
<apex:sectionHeader title="One of Your Opportunities" subtitle="Exciting !"/>
<apex:outputField value="{!Opportunity.OwnerId}"/>
</apex:page>

Change id in code

here hover id is dynamic: lookup+ownerid+opp1
So use and try to solve your Problem