function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Vishal_ThoriyaVishal_Thoriya 

Page Mode

i have a doubt,

when i click on hyperlink it opens a page but i want that user cant change the the details of the page means i want that page to be protected, means if one button is there on the page then it should become non clickable means it should not react any event by clicking on it. i want this facility for my entire page, any page mode or any mark ups for that ? which apex provides!!! please tell me fast.if anybody has some solutions for this kind of problem.any kind of help will be appreciated.

thanks in advance 

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 

Thanks every one for the help.

i got a solution for my problem.

i have created another user account in salesforce. which will not get permitted to access all the custom objects it will have only permission to read the data. the  person whom so ever is going to use that user account can only read the data but he cant edit the data.

i have created separate profile that user for access criteria

All Answers

kiranmutturukiranmutturu

if you need to disable the button based on user names then you can use disable the button based on the user name

disabled="{!if($user.name=='xxxxx'),'true','false'}"

goabhigogoabhigo

In the other page dont give any button for Edit or Delete, and to display field values use outputField.

Does this answer your question?

ElcalvoMikeElcalvoMike

you can simply create a new page layout for that object and remove the button for that layout and assign it to a user group.

plus you can restrict write permissions for that object for that same group so they cant change the data.

Thank You For The Suggestion but i am using one look up field in my page and i want to use that look up field to be in non clickable mode in required page for that any solutions i want to show that look up field as read only means  user can see but i can not make change on my required page.

Thank You All for giving me guidance.

goabhigogoabhigo

Vishal, first of all request you to put commas or periods (full stop) in your posts.

For your requirement, just use <apex:outputField value="{!YourObject__c.LookupField__c}">, this will be read only field meaning, user cannot change the value.

Thanks every one for the help.

i got a solution for my problem.

i have created another user account in salesforce. which will not get permitted to access all the custom objects it will have only permission to read the data. the  person whom so ever is going to use that user account can only read the data but he cant edit the data.

i have created separate profile that user for access criteria

This was selected as the best answer