function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
pdostpdost 

Visualforce Save Button Translation

I am trying to use the $ObjectType Global Variable to reference the value of my Save button so when a Spanish-speaking users sees the Visualforce page, it shows in Spanish...however, I cannot find documentation on how to reference the Button value in my VF page.  Anyone now where this is documented?

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

The text that is displayed on the button is the attribute named "value" - is this what you are looking for or is there some other attribute?

pdostpdost

No, I enabled Translation Workbench and on standard pages, the "Save" button is in Spanish for those users who I have as Spanish-speaking.  When I create a Visualforce page, the Save button remains in English for those Spanish-speakers and I want it to change dynamically for Spanish speakers.  Is there a Global Variable for the button that would allow me to dynamically change the language?

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

When I've hit this in the past I've tended to use a custom label for the button text and translate that.

fgwarb82fgwarb82
@pdost did you ever find a way to access the standard translations for the Save button?