function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
NareshKrishnaNareshKrishna 

Custom Object in VisualForce page

Hi,

I want to have "Help for this Page" link in my custom page.On click "Help for this Page" opens a windows with another custom page.

For this I have created a custom object with "Context-Sensitive Help Setting" as "Open a window using a Visualforce page." and gave my Visualforce page. The following is my Custom Object Details.

Object Name :: CustomHelp
API Name     :: CustomHelp__c

Now i want to use this Custom Object in my visualforce page and below is my <apex:page> code.But showing an error as

" Error: Invalid field CustomHelp for SObject CustomHelp__c "

<apex:page standardController="CustomHelp__c">
    <apex:form>
        <apex:outputText value="{!CustomHelp__c.CustomHelp}"/> -->
    </apex:form>
</apex:page>.

Can anyone please help me in how to use custom object in <apex:page>.

Thanks.

SrikanthKuruvaSrikanthKuruva

the error is in the following line

<apex:outputText value="{!CustomHelp__c.CustomHelp}"/>

it should be ("__c" is missing in the custom field)

<apex:outputText value="{!CustomHelp__c.CustomHelp__c}"/>

Please confirm that there is a custom field CustomHelp__c under the custom object CustomHelp__c 

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I dont find any custom field CustomHelp__c under my custom object. 

so, <apex:outputText value="{!CustomHelp__c.CustomHelp__c}"/> is also invalid.

can u plz suggest me any other way.

you can create a custom field on the custom object and use that field in your vf page.

Can i know your requirement in brief. just to make sure we are not going the wrong way.

This is my requirement.

I develped an App with Custom Object Tab in which the custom object is with "Context-Sensitive Help Setting" to Open a window using a Visualforce page. When i navigate to the newly created App and to the Tab, it is giving a salesforce page in which the "Help for this page" link gives my custom VF page.

But instead of Salesforce page in the App, i would like to have my CustomPage in which "Help for this Page" opens a window using a custom VF page.

So, both the App page and the "Help for this page " want to have a custom VF page.

So i see you are facing the problem while showing a particular field value on the vf page.

so what you do is create a custom field on the object CustomHelp__c. Say the custom field API name is CustomField__c.

now change the line of code to 

<apex:outputText value="{!CustomHelp__c.CustomField__c }"/>

let me know if i misunderstood your problem.