function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
abivenkatabivenkat 

visual force page for a custom button

hi all,

i m working in a scenario, which is

i am creating a custom button and performing its functionalities in a visual force page in Account Object. Now i wanna know, whether the created visual force page can be also used for another custom button in another object, such as, in contact or opportunities???

is that possible to use the same visual force page for a different custom buttons in different objects?? please help me..

Thanks,

abivenkat,

SFDC Learner 

Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

You can create the custom button in contact or opportunities and other object also and perform the functionality on the VF page. You can also use the same VF page in custom button of contact and opportunities object but the functionality of the page will be executed according the code of the VF page not according to the object.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved.

abivenkatabivenkat

hi,

if the same VF Page can be used for the different custom buttons in the different objects, then what about the "Standard Controller" attribute in the visualforce page. how can i set this attribute dynamically? 

for applying a VF Page for a Account Custom Button, the VF Page's "Standard Controller" should be "Account". if i am tryin to apply this VF Page for "Contact" object, then how can i change this attribute for making this functionality work in the "Contact" object and for other objects also?

another question!

how to get the fields of an object? any code syntax available for this?? 

if the object name is dynamic, then, how to construct and how to run the field getting syntax??? please help me in my requirement..

Thanks,

abivenkat,

SFDC Learner