function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
anyioneta1.3025054394678596E12anyioneta1.3025054394678596E12 

How to Perform Some Actons

How can I perform actions like onBlur, onFocus, onClick on some fields in my Salesforce Edit Page.

Pls with examples if possible.

kiranmutturukiranmutturu

r u taking about standard edit page? then this will done through custom home page components with lot of script work... u need to identify the text box ID and then the event code.... but this will be alot of risk work...

Chamil MadusankaChamil Madusanka

You can only use these actions in visualforce pages not in standard pages.

If a reply to a post answers your question or resolves your problem, please mark it as the solution to the post so that others may benefit.

Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

You cannot perform the JavaScript action on the standard page field .you will have to override the standard page with VF page and then you will be able to perform the onBlur, onFocus, and onClick. 

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved. 

How do I really get to override the std page with visualforce?
Im I going to click on any button or something?

kiranmutturukiranmutturu

create a vf page with the resrective object as a standard controller... and you can use that page in the buttons and links section in that object ..and select new button override option with ur repective custom vf page...

Pls It will really be helpful if u can answer this question with an example.
Thanks.

kiranmutturukiranmutturu

your VF page basically looks like this

<apex:page standardController="account">
	<apex:form ><apex:inputfield value="{!account.name}"
		<apex:commandButton action="{!save}" />
	</apex:form>
</apex:page>

after this go to accounts in that buttons and links and edit the new button and override the new button with the above saved page.....