function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RockersRockers 

How to change the email templates for forgot password?

Hi Friends,

In my project, we developed one site for their internal use. In this, when the user clicks on the forgot password, an email goes to the user's email with temparory login details. We are using site.forgotpassword() for this. In this, an emailtemplate is used by SFDC to provide the login details with temparory password.

Now, we want to change that template. We want to use our own email template for this. How to do this?

Pls help me in this?

Regards,

Phanikumar

Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

Salesforce will take forget password email template from customer portal settings. You can customize the email template directly. Go to the settings.

Setup-> customize-> customer portal ->Email Notification Settings ->Lost Password Template->click on the email template (Customer Portal: Customer Portal Reset Password (SAMPLE)).

You can change the email template content from the above settings.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved. 

RockersRockers

Hi Jain,

Thanks for your reply. But, actually, i dont have that option, which you mentioned in the message.

Setup> customize-> customer portal ->Email Notification Settings, this option is not available in my production environment.

Only Settings option is available, which is used to set up teh Customer portl setup.

Regards,

Phanikumar

the one step was missing there in the above settings

Setup-> Customize-> Customer Portal-> Settings-> after creating an Customer portal setup-> Go to Email notification settings. 

RockersRockers

Hi Jain,

Thanks a lot. Also, i want to know about work flows and triggering the emails based on the events. Actually, we get one email template from client. So, for that, we developed one visual force email template. Can we use this visual force email template in apex code. (means, if the email triggers from trigger.) If so, then how to use this visual force email template.

I tried by using the method, messaging.settempalteID(). But, email is not triggering. What are the necessary steps for using the visual force email template through apex code.

Regards,

Phanikumar

Have you created the email template in Org through manually, so that you are doing quering on Email Template object and pass the template id in messaging.settemplateid() method.

RockersRockers

Hi Jain,

Problem solved for using the template with in the apex code. Now, as u informed that, i just changed the template for the "Lost Password template" with our customized template.

But, the problem is, New Password details are displaying after the template. Earlier, we used plain-textbody template.

Now, we designed one common template for all email notifications. While using that template for Forgot Password notification,

Details are not able to show with in the template. They are displaying after the template.

How to show the details of new password with in the template.

Please help me in this. Once, again thanks a lot for your support.

Regards,

Phanikumar

Coding-With-The-ForceCoding-With-The-Force

Hey there, I realize this question was asked nearly a decade ago now, but considering it's the first search result for this question and there is no actual answer for it I figure I'll go ahead and answer it. I have made a two part video series (as well as blog posts) on how to setup custom password reset emails for Salesforce communities. This is way more confusing and complicated than it needs to be, so hopefully these videos will save someone out there a ton of time.

Creating custom password reset emails for communities Part 1 (https://youtu.be/fuuqqyuWPG4" target="_blank)

Creating custom password reset emails for Salesforce Communities Part 2 (https://youtu.be/5-V4CJNSfSc" target="_blank)

Matt Gerry
codingwiththeforce.com (https://www.codingwiththeforce.com" target="_blank)

Alex Wilson 15Alex Wilson 15
This seems to have changed a bit by 2023. New steps:
Setup > Feature Settings > Digital Experiences > All Sites > Workspaces > Administration > Emails > Email Templates

You can shortcut it by searching for All Sites in setup.