function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
IvanB@LMIvanB@LM 

Working with visualforce objects from Controller Extension

Hi, All - I have a few apex:commandButton on the page and one apex:outputPanel where I want to display some text onClick action by toggling between those apex:commandButton; I created an extension controller. Question: How can I access value property of apex:outputText from Apex. I placed 1 apex:outputText for each apex:commandButton Please suggest, thank you.
tes2tes2

The value attribute of  the apex:outputText in Apex would not have changed the APEX property that was binded since its an outputText not inputText.  Are you just trying to determine which button was clicked wo/ creating multiple Apex methods,  if so consider onclick using apex:actionFunction with apex:param If you are you doing client side notification which your  prob better off doing this in javascript not APEX.

Please clarify your required behavior.

IvanB@LMIvanB@LM
Thanks for reply Page design as: I need to reuse / toggle same page area to display contents returned from multiple buttons I saw a technique where rendered value is toggled true/false on output panel, but need snippet as I am new to SFDC Another way I thought if controller ext can access VF page objects