function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Pranav_VaidyaPranav_Vaidya 

Can not add Visual Force page to Custom button

Hi,

I looked on the community and I found that there are several posts with similar topic. While it helped me understand what needs to be changed all those posts did not resolve my problem.

I want to create a Custom Link Button on my object which launches a VF page that I have developed. My VF page has this object as Standard controller. Yet when I select Content source as VF page the content drop down is empty.

This is my VF page starting...

<apex:page standardController="Leg__c"  extensions="LegsGroupBookController" tabStyle="Leg__c">

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks. 

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

List button is different to a detail button though.  In order for your VF page to show up in the list for a Detail Button, it needs to use the standard controller.  However, in order to show up as a list button, it needs to use a standard list controller, as it can potentially receive more than one record.

There's more detail at:

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/pages/index_Left.htm#CSHID=pages_controller_sosc_about.htm|StartTopic=Content%2Fpages_controller_sosc_about.htm|SkinName=webhelp

All Answers

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

Do you mean a custom list button?  If so, that needs to have a standardsetcontroller for the object rather than the regular standard controller.  You need to define the recordSetVar attribute on the page.

Thanks Bob.

Leg is one of the custom objects in my app and I am trying to create a Custom Link Button for this object.

Am I missing something?

Thanks.

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

When you get to the create page, which radio button do you choose - Detail Page Link, Detail Page Button or List Button?

Hi Bob,

I am selecting List button. And the reason for this is my custom object Leg is a child of another object. By choosing as List Button I will be able to show it from my Master-Detail view.

Thanks.

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

List button is different to a detail button though.  In order for your VF page to show up in the list for a Detail Button, it needs to use the standard controller.  However, in order to show up as a list button, it needs to use a standard list controller, as it can potentially receive more than one record.

There's more detail at:

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/pages/index_Left.htm#CSHID=pages_controller_sosc_about.htm|StartTopic=Content%2Fpages_controller_sosc_about.htm|SkinName=webhelp

This was selected as the best answer

thanks a lot Bob. changing the StandardController to StandardListController did the job!!

Thanks.