function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Satgur12Satgur12 

Unified Search Page to perform all searches within Salesforce

HI,

Our client requires a "Unified Search capability" for the end user abstracting underlying data sources - SFDC Content Documents, Chatter Feeds, Chatter Files, Documents, federated search (sourced from linked web sites). Apparently they are not satisfied with OOB search options and the fact that user has to go to sidebar search, content tab, document tab for different types of searches..

Is there any AppExchange solution which can provide such a search view?

Two key questions on proposed solution:

1. If we take the route of Visualforce based implementation - can we still leverage "full textsearch" on Content documents / Chatter files?

2. Is there a way in SFDC to customize - how SFDC calculates relevance score of search results?

- Customer wants full text search on Document, Chatter files, Contents. Hence query #1 above.

-  Customer wants to be able to configure search engine relevancy score (

Looking forward to get your insight and recommendation on this. Thanks

- Satgur

Pratik MunotPratik Munot

Same issues with me as well. If I am bulding chatter answer for any company, the requirement is the website material should also be visble in cahtter anser and vice a versa. Please suggest.

Mudasir WaniMudasir Wani
Hi Satgur,

I have done it on customer portal where I was using document object.
I have used SOSL search you can try that.
At that time we have raised a case as there were some issue from salesforce side.
Also I have done an implementation where I have exposed the libraries through sites.
So I feel you can achieve it using apex.

sandeep@Salesforcesandeep@Salesforce
Hi, 
There are many other apis available in Salesforce like tooling api by which you can fetch data of Apex class or VF pages etc.
Thanks 
Sandeep Singhal