function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
nyhansanyhansa 

Issue with Inline Edit in Visualforce Page - Please help!

I have created a Visualforce page and added it to a section on our Person Account detail page. Even though I added the inlineEditSupport tags to the Visualforce page, I am not able to inline edit the standard detail or custom Visualforce sections of the page. Is the issue due to the way I'm using the Visualforce page? The page allows my users to select which address(es) they would like to view on the Person Account detail so I'd like to give my users the option to inline edit the field which controls the rendering of the fields, as well as allow them to continue to inline edit any of the fields they originally were able to inline edit. Any help would be much appreciated since having our users edit the entire detail just to view a different address is not very helpful to them, it just creates a lot more work. If inline editing is not possible in this case, is there a workaround? Please let me know if you need more information from me to answer my question. Thank you!

kiranmutturukiranmutturu

just for a cross check go to customize and click on user interface and check whether enable inline edit is enabled are not...if this is enabled then post the code block once...

nyhansanyhansa

Thanks, Kiran! Inline editing is enabled in our instance. I was able to figure out a workaround for this. I'm not sure if it's best practice, but I kept the Visualforce section that I had enabled for inline editing on the Person Account page layout and created a new Visualforce page calling the detail of the Account and re-enabling inline edit (the code for that page is below). Our users are now redirected to the Visualforce detail page when they click View Account.

<apex:page standardController="Account">
<apex:messages style="font-weight:bold; color:#FF0000"/>
<apex:detail showChatter="false" inlineEdit="true"/>
</apex:page>