function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
trick1trick1 

Calendar and Events

Hi Friends,

Can we assign events to calendars in salesforce and make it vsible on the calendar.Quick response will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Trick

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

Yes, you can. Just make sure that ShowTimeAs isn't "Free", and OwnerId should be set to the user or calendar that it should appear on. You might want to look at the Web Services API Developer's Guide for details on the Event object itself, and the Apex Code Developer's Guide for details on doing this specifically in Apex Code.

trictric

Thanks for your reply,

Do I need to create custom calendar?.Is there a way to create it?.So u have some idea on how to create calendar in salesforce.?

I mean I am not sure If I have to crreate custom calendar and then don it or I can use calendar on the home page and assign events to it.

What  do u mean by  showtime isn't free?

Thanks,

Trick,

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

Custom calendars are in Setup > Customize > Activities > Public Calendars and Resources. Each user also has their own calendar by default. Show Time As can be "free", "busy", or "out of office." It will appear on the calendar either way, but free times won't have a colored bar when viewing the calendar in "availability view." You should look at the documents on Events for more information (Web Services API Developer's Guide > Reference > Standard Objects > Events).