function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
kkaalkkaal 

VF - mimic "Work with Portal" functionality

For different reasons, we needed to create a VF page to view the Account and Contact data. There we do not use the apex:detail tag.

Now we are missing the functionality for the "Work with Portal" picklist button in Account and Contact. How can we archive this functionality in our VF page?

Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

Work with Portal button comes into picture when you will associate account with an contact in the org.The same standard functionality you can replicate in the code.

kkaalkkaal

Yes, that is understood.

But

a) what type of Button would I use in the account (which is associated with a contact) to have the same optics and functionality (a button with a picklist)

b) are there hints what URL to call in the different picklist options?

Most important to me at this point is how the contact and User are linked together and how I can access the portal with a user specified

Andy BoettcherAndy Boettcher

The buttons like that are tricky.  There isn't a native API function or anything like that you can just call and have the magic happen.

What I've done with buttons like that (my project was replicating the Quote PDF functionality) is to tear apart the javascript behind the scenes and replicate it in your VF page.

-Andy