function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
studzeystudzey 

Splash Page upon login!

I have created a visual force page with the following code:

<apex:page showHeader="false"  sidebar="false" standardStylesheets="true"  setup="true"> <body onload="popup();">

<br/><br/> 

</body>

<script language="javascript">

function popup()

{

var Terms_and_conditions=" Give your terms and conditions"; var HomePage=confirm(Terms_and_conditions);

if (HomePage==true)

{

window.location = "/home/home.jsp";

return true;

}

else

{

window.location = "/secur/logout.jsp";

return false;

}

}

</script>

</apex:page>

Is it possible to make it:

1. Look more user friendly?

2. I had to create a custom tab , and then link the above mentioned VF page to it. Then I set the custom tab as the default landing page.  Is it possible for me to set it so that there is no tab, but the popup still appears upon login?

3. Lastly, can I do development so that the login pop up terms and conditions screen appears only for the first login?

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

1. There's various things you could do to make it slicker and more user friendly.  I've been favouring Jquery UI dialogs recently as I think they look a lot better.

2. You could look at hiding things through styling and javascript, but that's a pretty fragile solution.

3. You can't ensure it happens only for the first login, but you could update the user record once the user has confirmed and change your VF page to have an action attribute on the page that checks the user record and jumps straight to the home page if it is set.