function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DipikaDipika 

apex:dynamic component is not supported.

hello,

I want to use apex:dynamic component in my page to addcomponents dynamically.

But it is giving me error ' Unknown component apex:dynamicComponent'.and it is released in summer 11.

Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

If you are using the apex: dynamic component feature, this feature is not available in the org. Before using this feature you have to enable apex: dynamic component feature by requesting to the salesforce.

For more information follow the below link:

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/pages/Content/pages_dynamic_vf_components_intro.htm

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved. 

DipikaDipika

i have devloper account. can i enable it in  my org?

Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

Yes you can send a request to the salesforce for enabling the apex: dynamic component feature  for your developer org.

aballardaballard

As described in the documentation, it is a pilot feature in the Winter 12 release which has to be enabled for your org before it can be used.

It is generally available in Spring 12 (coming soon).

DipikaDipika

how request can be send for enabling dynamic component???

Kartik PerisetlaKartik Perisetla

Hi Dipika,

You can raise a case from Salesforce.com partner portal for enabling Dynamic visualforce component in your organization under "Feature Activation" item for case. Salesforce.com team will ask for OrgID for doing so. So it would be quick if you could provide your OrgID while raising the request asking like "I want to enable dynamic visualforce component in my org with orgID:<PUT_YOUR_orgID_VALUE_HERE>". They will enable within 1 working day( based on my experience).

I hope this response helps you.

Cheers !

Kartik PerisetlaKartik Perisetla

Hi,

If you have already enabled the dynamic visualforce components feature in your Salesforce.com organization and still getting this error, then the problem lies with version number of Visualforce page.
I came across such situation where even after enabling this feature I used to get such message. On analysis I found that the root cause was VF page version number:
You get such error in this case: If you are navigating from a VF page whose version number 18 to a VF page whose version number is 24. Since version 18 doesn't support dynamic visualforce components, so when Force.com runtime engine is navigating user from a page (v18 ) to page (v24) it somehow doesn' t take into account the version number of target page i.e. 24 and assumes version of target page as 18 and thus throws such error.
I hope this post will help you to resolve this issue.
Cheers !