function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RohitMRohitM 

Developer console error in Winter '12 release

Hi all,

We've got the Winter '12 release recently and have some issues with the new System Console (the "Developer Console"). I've written a test class for one of our controllers and had to change it to general Apex class to check out the system  logs. However, after running the class, I am unable to open the log as it fails loading with the error : "Error: Open request failed 382644515-103 (-1439493253)". The numbers change every time I double click the log to view.

Steps:

1. I have written a small test class which was later converted to an apex class :

public with sharing class PicklistTester{ 

public void getItems() {
        Account acc1 = new Account();
        acc1.Name = 'Test GetItems 1';
        Database.SaveResult sr = Database.insert(acc1);
        Id acc1Id = sr.getId();  
// No asserts here - only printing the values fetched.
}

}

2. Go to Developer consoler (My Name -> Developer Consoler) and execute it:

PicklistTester pt = new PicklistTester();
pt.getItems();

3. Double click on the log entry. Error follows:

Error: Open request failed

382644515-179 (-1439493253)

Earlier, when we got such error with this new console, we used the "Old system log" option and it was showing fine in that. Now that the old system log option is removed, does anyone know how to view the log ?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
RohitMRohitM

Hi Navatar,

I had some more code in the class too and I was still getting the same error after making the code to only insert the account. I disabled one of the triggers and then it started working. I think this has got to do with the total number of lines that are displayed on the console. When the trigger was active, the log increased to a large extent. The trigger itself was working fine and had a test class working against that as well.

Thanks.

Rohit.

All Answers

Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

I have tested the same inside the developer console and its working fine. I got the id of created account by using your code (both class and debug). May be you are doing some think wrong to see that log details.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved. 

RohitMRohitM

Hi Navatar,

I had some more code in the class too and I was still getting the same error after making the code to only insert the account. I disabled one of the triggers and then it started working. I think this has got to do with the total number of lines that are displayed on the console. When the trigger was active, the log increased to a large extent. The trigger itself was working fine and had a test class working against that as well.

Thanks.

Rohit.

This was selected as the best answer